For the Crust
1 cup macadamia nuts
1 cup blanched almond flour
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
3 Tbsp coconut oil or butter, melted
Pinch sea salt
For the Filling
3 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered erythritol
1 tsp vanilla
1 8-oz carton sour cream
1/2 cup fresh blueberries and/or raspberries and/or 2 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut, toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- For the crust: In a food processor, coarsely chop macadamia nuts. Add almond flour, coconut oil, and salt. Pulse just until combined (mixture may clump up). Transfer nut mixture to a 9-inch springform pan, and press firmly and evenly into the bottom of the pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges start to turn golden brown. Cool.
- For the filling: Meanwhile, zest and juice lemon. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a mixer on medium until smooth. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice, the erythritol, and vanilla; beat well. Add eggs and 1/4 cup of the sour cream; beat on low just until smooth (do not overbeat). Stir in 2 teaspoons lemon zest; reserve 1 teaspoon zest for topping.
- Pour filling into crust-lined pan. Place pan on a baking sheet in the oven. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until center is almost set (still a little jiggly) when gently shaken.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack until completely cool, about 1 hour. Run a knife around edges of the pan, and loosen cheesecake from the sides of the pan. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- For the topping, stir reserved 1 teaspoon zest into remaining sour cream; cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, remove cheesecake from pan. Spread top with sour cream mixture. If desired, top with berries and/or toasted coconut.
- For a sweeter topping, stir 1 tsp each vanilla and erythritol into the sour cream mixture before spreading on top of cheesecake.