8 medium chicken drumsticks, skin removed
olive oil spray, I used my Misto
3/4 cup water
1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce, more or less to taste
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp honey, or sugar
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp ginger, grated
2 tbsp chives or scallions, chopped
1 tsp sesame seeds
- In a heavy large saucepan, brown chicken on high for 3-4 minutes with a little spray oil.
- Add water, balsamic, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and cook on high until liquid comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and bring heat to high, allowing sauce to reduce down, about 8-10 minutes, until it becomes thick, turning chicken occasionally. (Keep an eye on glaze, you don’t want it to burn when it start becoming thick).
- Transfer chicken to a platter and pour sauce on top.
- Top with chives and sesame seeds and serve.