Bacon can help you to prepare amazing appetizers. If you are looking for such an appetizer, you will be able to take a look at the bacon and date appetizer. This is a soft and crispy appetizer, which will provide you a perfect experience with smoky bacon. It will be possible for you to complement any meal you prepare with the help of this appetizer. Depending on the type of dates you select, you will be able to end up with getting a perfect taste as well.
By following this recipe, you will be able to understand how to prepare bacon and date appetizer at your home. This is a quick and easy recipe to prepare an appetizer at home. Due to the versatility, you can think about preparing this for any kind of an occasion.
Before taking a look at the steps, let’s see all the ingredients that you should be purchasing for the preparation of this appetizer at home.
- Two pounds of thin bacon. You need to make sure that you are cutting bacon in half.
- 70 to 80 salted roasted almonds
- 35 to 40 pitted dates
Directions to follow:
When you have all the ingredients, you can prepare bacon and date appetizer with ease. Simply follow these steps and you can end up with getting the job done.
- You should initially heat the oven to a temperature of 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- You should stuff each date you have with around one to two almonds. Then you will need to take half bacon piece and wrap the date. You can also use a toothpick to secure. You will need to do this for all the dates you have.
- You should take a baking sheet and arrange the dates neatly on top of it. Make sure that you are arranging them with raised edges. Otherwise, grease from bacon would go everywhere and create a mess.
- Now you will be able to proceed to the next step, where you bake. You can turn the dates halfway, so that you can make sure that you are preparing bacon evenly. The total time you have to prepare them in the oven is around 16 minutes to 18 minutes.
Once you are done with preparing bacon and date, you should allow them to cool down. Then you will be able to serve them warn. Allowing this appetizer for cool down for 5 minutes is more than enough before you serve.
This will be one of the most delicious appetizers that you can prepare at the comfort of home. As you can see, no special ingredients are needed to proceed with the preparation. Hence, you can follow the steps and get the job done without having to worry about anything.