The classic American breakfast all into one muffin! Just layer the bread, bacon and eggs. They are sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
- 12 slices bacon
- 12 whole wheat bread slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups baby kale
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 12 large eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place bacon in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until almost crisp, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Lightly oil a 12-cup standard muffin tin or coat with nonstick spray. Line each cup with a slice of bread. Place into oven and bake until slightly firm, about 5-6 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in kale until slightly wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in Parmesan; set aside.
- Reduce oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay bacon slice in each bread cup; top with kale mixture. Gently crack an egg in each cup; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place into oven and bake until egg whites are just set, about 15-20 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chives, if desired.