- 1 cup raw hulled sunflower seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut + ⅓ cup for rolling
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 12 soft Medjool dates, pitted and soaked if they’re very dry
- ⅔ cup chopped carrots
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup, more to taste
- In a food processor, combine the sunflower seeds, 1 cup shredded coconut, cinnamon and salt and pulse until it becomes a fine meal.
- Add the dates and carrots and pulse until the mixture combines and sticks together. Taste and add more maple syrup if you would like your bites sweeter. If the mixture is too dry, add more maple syrup; if it’s too moist, add more coconut and/or let the mix chill in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the mixture, then use your hands to roll it into approximately 1-inch balls.
- Roll in the remaining coconut to coat the outside, if desired. Store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.