Brussels Sprout and Bacon Pizza is a match made in heaven and a FOUR INGREDIENT recipe! A white pie with seared brussels sprouts, crunchy bacon, and mozzarella cheese baked on a cast iron pizza pan until bubbly with a whole wheat crust. YUM.
- 1 prepared pizza dough store bought or homemade
- 4 slices bacon
- 8 oz. brussels sprouts washed, trimmed, and halved or quartered
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese shredded
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Let pizza dough come to room temperature for at least 20 minutes.
- Place cast iron pizza pan (or baking stone/sheet) in oven and preheat to 500 degrees F.
- In a cast iron or other heavy skillet, cook the four slices of bacon over medium high heat until crispy. Remove and place on paper towels to drain. Chop roughly when cooled.
- Add the 8 oz. brussels sprouts and salt and pepper to taste to the skillet (in the bacon grease) and cook over medium-high heat until seared and tender (about 5-7 minutes).
- Meanwhile, roll out pizza dough on a floured pizza paddle. Drizzle top of crust with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Remove pizza pan or stone from the oven and slide the crust from the pizza paddle (carefully!) on top.
- Mix together 1/2 of the mozzarella, the chopped bacon, and cooked brussels sprouts in a small bowl. Spread on top of crust. Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Place pizza in oven and cook for another 7-10 minutes at 500 degrees, or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Slice and serve!