Kick up the weeknight dinner routine with this easy (and cheesy!) Cajun Shrimp Alfredo. Incredibly creamy and offering a mouthwatering Cajun kick, this just-spicy-enough pasta dish delivers major flavor with minimal effort. We opted to keep it classic using fettuccine noodles, but any pasta shape will work great!
- 16 ounces uncooked fettucine pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound medium peeled, deveined raw shrimp
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion (from 1 onion)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery (from 1 stalk)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions, for garnish
How to Make It:
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Add oil to a large skillet over medium-high; tilt to coat skillet. Toss together shrimp and Cajun seasoning in a medium bowl to coat. Add shrimp to skillet; cook until opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp to a plate.
Add onion, celery, and garlic to skillet; cook, stirring often, until onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Add chicken stock; stir to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet. Stir in heavy cream, Parmesan, pepper, salt, and cayenne. Cook, stirring often, until thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add cooked pasta; toss to coat. Top with shrimp; sprinkle with scallions.