Creamy pasta sauce with fresh mushrooms and spinach over chicken and fettuccine.
- 6 small chicken breasts
- Flour, salt and pepper, for dredging
- 1 pound fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cream (milk or half and half can be used)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) package shredded Gouda cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
Heat oil in a large skillet. Dredge chicken in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Place in skillet, cook 5 minutes, flip chicken and cook 5 minutes more. Remove from skillet, set aside.
Place butter in skillet, melt. Add mushrooms and garlic, cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Whisk together flour, cream, chicken stock, salt and pepper. Pour over mushrooms, bring to a simmer, cook for 5 minutes. Whisk in cheese. Add chicken back in, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Add spinach in, allow to wilt. Toss with prepared fettuccine. Serve and enjoy!