- 200g plain flour
- 200g granulated sugar
- 100g butter
- 50g cocoa powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar and cocoa (do not use hot chocolate, you can taste the difference).
- Melt the butter (I pop it into the microwave), then add it to the mixing bowl.
- Using your fingers, mix it all together until it has a crumble consistency.
- Grease your tin and pour the mixture into it. Pat the mixture down so it compacts. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- When it comes out, sprinkle with a little sugar. Serve on its own (hot or cold) or with custard.