TIP! Be careful not to over-beat the custard. Dessert can be made up to two days ahead. For an adult version, replace ½ cup milk with coffee-flavoured liqueur.
1 ½ x 250g packets Milk Coffee biscuits
2/3 cup milk
2 x 100g sachets AeroplaneVanilla Flavoured Dessert Mix
2 ½ cups milk
600ml tub thickened cream
300g dark chocolate, finely chopped
1 cup thickened cream
1 tablespoon honey
- To make custard, combine all ingredients in the large bowl of an electric mixer. Using a whisk attachment, beat on low speed for 30 seconds until combined. Increase speed to high. Beat for a further 1 ½ to 2 minutes, or until thick and firm peaks form. Set aside.
- One at a time, dip one-third of the biscuits into milk, turning to coat.
- Arrange over base of a 23cm x 32cm x 6cm deep, rectangular serving dish (14-cup capacity), trimming to fit.
- Spoon half the custard over biscuits. Spread evenly. Repeat layering with remaining biscuits and custard, finishing with a biscuit layer. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- To make icing, combine all ingredients in a large heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth. Pour over biscuits in dish. Spread evenly. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Spoon into serving bowls.