Have you ever heard of scurvy? It was a prevalent disease for centuries until vitamin C was discovered as its perfect cure. This citrus immunity shot is full of vitamin C with the healing anti-inflammatory powers of turmeric. Turmeric is a proven anti-cancer agent used in many Ayurvedic and ancient Asian medicines for centuries. Lemon is a natural detoxifying agent blended with the antioxidants of garlic that will make you look young and keep healthy.
- 2 medium fresh oranges peeled
- 1 medium peeled fresh grapefruit
- 1 medium lemon peeled
- 2 inch peeled and chopped ginger
- 1 ½ tablespoons turmeric
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- In a blender, add the peeled grapefruit. It has a bitter sweet taste with a sharp tone.
- Add 2 medium peeled orange to it and squeeze 1 medium lemon in it. You can either increase or decrease the amount of citrus that you like in your drink. If you do not like the sharpness of lemon, you can double the orange content. Make sure to remove the seeds of all citrus before tossing them in.
- Make a fine paste of ginger and garlic. Add 1 ½ tablespoon turmeric to it.
- Add this paste to the blender, do not throw any seeping water from the prepared paste. You can opt for non-paste whole blending too.
- Finally, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil along with 1 pinch of ground black pepper and blend it.
- Since the blended contents contain fiber it will take time to blend. Add some water if it is too thick.
- Strain the blend through a strainer and pour into a glass or a mason jar and enjoy a smooth mix of freshness and immunity.
- You can consume it fresh or make ice cubes of it.