- 24 baguette slices, sliced ½-inch-thick on the diagonal
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Kosher salt
- One 15-oz. container whole-milk ricotta
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries (or substitute frozen defrosted), chopped
- Juice of 1 small orange, plus ¼ tsp. finely grated orange zest
- 3⁄4 tsp. honey
- Fresh thyme leaves, for garnish
- Flaky sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Place the baguette slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush the top of each lightly with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Bake until the tops are golden brown and the bread is crispy, about 8-10 minutes. Remove and set aside. (Bread can be toasted up to 3 hours ahead.)
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the ricotta, 3 tablespoons olive oil, the orange zest, and ¼ tsp. kosher salt. Process until smooth (mixture should still be thick), adding more olive oil by the tablespoon if the ricotta is very thick.
- In a medium bowl, add the cranberries, orange juice, honey, and a pinch of kosher salt. Stir well to combine.
- Using an offset spatula or butter knife, spread a generous layer of the ricotta mixture onto the toasts. Top with about 1 tablespoon of the cranberry mixture. Garnish with thyme and flaky sea salt to taste.