- English Cucumbers – These aren’t regular cucumbers, they are longer, skinnier, and usually have less seeds than standard cucumbers.
- Chopped Dill – The fresh flavor and aroma of dill really gives this cucumber salad some life.
- Garlic – A punch of fresh garlic balances out the mellow flavors.
- Lemon Zest and Juice – This adds additional freshness and tang!
- Plain Greek Yogurt – Instead of using sour cream, this recipe has a Greek twist by using Greek Yogurt. So creamy!
- Granulated Sugar – Just a little, to balance out the tangy and sour flavors.
- Salt and Pepper – Seasoning to bring out all the delicious flavors!
How To Make Cucumber Salad?
To make this Cucumber Dill Salad:
- Peel the cucumbers. Cut in half lengthwise. Then slice into thin pieces. Place the sliced cucumbers into a large bowl.
- Add the chopped dill, minced garlic, the zest of one lemon, lemon juice, plain greek yogurt, sugar, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Toss until the yogurt blends into a thin dressing. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed. (Some years cucumbers are sweeter than other years so season accordingly.)
- Serve cold.