It takes just 15 minutes to prep this perfect-for-entertaining chocolate cake with rich, made-from-scratch flavour – with a hint of orange!
What You Need:
- 1 pkg. (170 g) Baker’s Premium 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate, divided
- 7 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. orange extract
- 1-1/4 cups flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. whipping cream
- 1/2 cup each fresh blueberries and raspberries
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Microwave 3 oz. chocolate and 6 Tbsp. butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Add sugar to chocolate mixture; beat with mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in orange extract. Add 1/4 cup flour and baking soda; mix well. Gradually add remaining flour alternately with water, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour into greased and floured 9-inch round pan.
- Bake 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool 10 min. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
- Microwave whipping cream, remaining chocolate and remaining butter in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 to 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Drizzle over cake.
- Top with berries just before serving.