- 1 cup Guinness
- 1 stick unsalted butter/ 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For Whiskey Ganache Filling
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, crushed
- 2/3 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Irish whiskey
For Irish Cream Frosting
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish cream
- Take 1 cup of Guinness whiskey and 1 stick of butter in a pan over medium-low heat. Stir until the butter is melted.
- Now, add in 1 cup cocoa powder and whisk gently.
- Once the cocoa powder is combined, let it cool for a while. Then, add 3 eggs one by one using the hand mixer.
- Stir in ¼ cup of sour cream to the above mixture. Your wet chocolate mix is ready.
- Now, make the dry batter by straining 2 cups of flour, 2 cups powdered sugar, ¼ teaspoon of baking soda, and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Mix them to be combined completely.
- Now, add the dry batter to the wet batter, in small batches and stir clockwise.
- Do not overmix or leave any bubble. Pour in cupcake liners and tap on the kitchen top two to three times to remove air bubbles.
- Preheat the oven at 300˚F for 10 minutes. Place the cupcake liner and adjust the temperature at 400˚F or 180˚C for 25 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are in the oven, make the filling. You will have to take 8 ounces of chopped dark chocolate and place it over a double boiler.
- Take 2/3 cups of heavy cream and bring it to a simmer. Add the cream to the chocolate and remove it from the boiler.
- Whisk the cream with chocolate. When it fully combines, add in 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of Irish whiskey.
- Whisk them until the ganache is mixed. Freeze for half an hour so it takes cream-like consistency.
- To make the frosting, mix 2 cups of unsalted butter with 4 cups of powdered sugar using a hand mixer. Add sugar in batches when the butter is beaten light.
- Add 6 tablespoons of Bailey’s Irish Cream to the above frosting and whisk until fully combined.
- Take the cupcakes out of the oven. Cool them for 20 to 30 minutes, then fill them and decorate with frosting. Enjoy!