- 1 cup vanilla soy or almond milk 240 mL
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 6 slices bread preferably stale
- Coat: In a medium-sized bowl, mix milk, flour, nutritional yeast, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Dip each slice of bread into mixture, flipping to ensure entire slice is covered.
- Cook: Place a large skillet over medium heat and grease (with margarine or cooking spray). Cook each slice of toast for about 5 minutes total, flipping to cook each side until brown and slightly crisp.
- Serve: Serve immediately, topping with syrup, powdered sugar, or fresh fruit.