- 1-1/2 pounds (about 7-1/2 cups) ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) marinara sauce
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Minced fresh parsley or basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine marinara sauce, Alfredo sauce, 1 cup mozzarella, ricotta, provolone, and Romano cheeses. Heat over medium heat until sauce begins to simmer and cheeses are melted. Stir in cooked pasta; pour mixture into a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- In a small bowl, stir together Parmesan, bread crumbs, garlic and olive oil; sprinkle over pasta.
- Bake, uncovered, until mixture is bubbly and topping is golden brown, 30-40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley or basil if desired.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover casserole with foil; bake 50 minutes. Uncover; bake until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°, 15-20 minutes longer.