Hearty Tuscan Soup – charred tomatoes make this soup a little smoky and sweet. And it only tastes 10 minutes to prep!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ounces cannellini beans (drained)
- 15 ounces can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup dry elbow macaroni
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (roughly chopped)
- 1 zucchini (roughly chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon thyme (chopped)
- 1 cup spinach (roughly chopped)
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil, garlic, thyme and onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add all other ingredients – except the macaroni – and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add macaroni, bring the soup back up to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot and topped with a little freshly grated parmesan cheese.