- 4 cups mashed strawberries
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 3 oz. Sure-jell low sugar pectin pink box, powder pectin
- Clean the berries. Remove the stems, mash and measure out exactly 4 cups of fruit.
- Measure the exact amount of sugar into a large pot. Add the pectin and whisk together.
- Stir in crushed berries and bring to a boil.
- Boil for exactly one minute – a hard boil you can’t stir down.
- Remove from heat, ladle immediately into container, leaving 1/2 inch for expansion at the top.
- Let stand at room temperature for one day before refrigerating or freezing.