- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions (half of a 1-pound box)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, de-veined, and cleaned with tails off (I prefer 12-15 count shrimp)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
To a large skillet, add the butter and heat over medium-high heat to melt.
- Stir in the garlic powder.
- Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes total, or until just pink and cooked through. Flip shrimp halfway through cooking. Cooking time will vary based on size of shrimp and pan used; don’t overcook or shrimp will become rubbery and tough.
- Add the lemon juice, optional lemon zest, and stir briefly to combine.
- Turn the heat to low, add the pasta to skillet with the shrimp, and toss to combine and coat.
- Taste, check for seasoning balance, and make any desired tweaks (add more salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice, etc.).
- Serve immediately.