- ¾ cup sugar
- zest 2 lemons
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp poppyseeds
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Line muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sugar and lemon zest together to infuse the sugar with the lemon flavor, will be fragrant.
- In the bowl with the sugar combine the melted butter, eggs, greek yogurt, vanilla, milk, and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- In a separate medium size mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir just until combined. Then add the poppyseeds and stir to disperse.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of batter, or use a large trigger cookie scoop, into the muffin tin. Each muffin cup should be about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 425℉ for 5 mins, then turn the heat down to 350℉ and continue baking an additional 14-16 minutes. Don’t open the oven door.
- When baking is finished, muffins will be domed, and a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean. Remove and allow to cool several minutes before serving.