- 1/2 (8-ounce) package macaroni, uncooked
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
How to Make It:
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Place cooked macaroni in a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
Combine onion and next 9 ingredients; stir in almonds, if desired.
Cook milk in a small saucepan over low heat just until heated; stir into onion mixture (bread should dissolve). Pour over macaroni.
Bake casserole at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes.