Make-Ahead Quiche is an excellent food that you can consume for your breakfast as well as dinner. When you make ham, you will often end up with leftovers. You can simply put them together to make quiches. Then you can place them I your refrigerator and consume when you want. If you feel like you are too bored to cook, all you have to do is to take out quiche and enjoy it. You can place quiche that you take out from the freezer directly in the oven. Then you can prepare a delicious dish to enjoy at the comfort of your home.
One of the best things about quiche is that it is baking up beautifully. Hence, you will get attracted to the good looks offered along with it at all times. While keeping that in mind, let’s explore the recipe that you should be following to make quiche.
As mentioned earlier, you will be able to use the leftovers that you get while making ham for the preparation of make-ahead quiche. While keeping that in mind, lets take a look at all the other ingredients that you will need to proceed with your food preparation.
- Cheddar cheese – one cup
- Monterrey jack cheese – one cup
- Pie crust – one unbaked pie crust
- One cup of half and half
- 4 Eggs
- Half a cup of cooked ham
- One tablespoon of flour
- Two green onions – You need to have these chopped
- You can use spices according to your preferences. Some of the spices available out there to consider include salet, pepper and mustard powder.
Steps to prepare make-ahead quiche:
When you are ready with ingredients, you can follow these steps for the preparation of make-ahead quiche.
- You should initially take a medium sized bowl. Then you can add grated cheese and flour into it. make sure that you are spreading cheese evenly in the bottom of your pie crust. Then you can place diced ham on top of it.
- Then you need to take another medium sized bowl and whisk together eggs, salt, half and half, dry mustard, and pepper. You should also add green onions to it after some time. Then you can pour the mixture over ham and cheese.
- You should use a plastic wrap to cover unbaked quiche. Then you need to use a foil and seal off edges. Then you can place that in your freezer.
- Once you are ready to bake quiche, you should pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove plastic wrap and foil. However, you should be placing the foil around edges of your quiche, so that you can keep the crust away from burning.
- You can place frozen quiche within your oven and bake for a period of one hour. It will become golden brown in color.
After your quiche turns golden brown in color, you can take it out from the oven and serve.