- For the suya spice blend:
- 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons roasted peanuts, ground into a ﬁne powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 Maggi bouillon cubes, crushed
- For the suya:
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound Wagyu rib eye beef, thinly sliced into strips
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- For the roasted tomato soubise:
- 2 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, stemmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Make the spice blend:
- In a small bowl, combine all the spice blend ingredients until incorporated.
- Prepare the suya:
- In three separate bowls, place the shrimp, beef, and chicken. Divide the spice blend equally among the bowls and mix well to coat the meats. Cover each bowl in plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- Make the soubise:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the tomatoes with the olive oil and salt. Transfer to the oven and roast for 15 minutes, then remove and let cool.
- In a large skillet, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook until they have fully broken down, 10 minutes. Stir in the cream and bring to a light simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cream has reduced and become thick. Transfer to a blender and purée until smooth. Season with salt and set aside.
- To finish:
- Light a grill or place a grill pan over medium-high heat. Skewer the shrimp, rib eye, and chicken on soaked 12-inch bamboo skewers. Grill, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes for the shrimp, 2 to 3 minutes for the rib eye, and 6 to 8 minutes for the chicken. Serve alongside the roasted tomato soubise.