- For the Chickpea Salad:
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- For the Dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced or grated
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Steps to Make It:
1-Rinse and thoroughly drain the chickpeas. Add to a large skillet or cast iron pan along with the tablespoon of olive oil. Saute on medium high heat, stirring often, for about 5 minutes until the chickpeas are slightly crisped.
2- Make the dressing by whisking together the minced garlic, extra virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, mustard, dried oregano, salt, and pepper in a serving bowl.
3-Add the chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, sliced red onions, diced orange and yellow bell peppers and parsley to the bowl and toss. Top with the crumbled feta cheese and serve at room temperature.