- 1 pound extra-lean ground chicken
- ½ cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- ½ small onion, finely grated
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Step 1Mix ground chicken, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, onion, egg, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Moisten hands and shape chicken mixture, 2 tablespoons at a time, into flat, oval-shaped patties.
- Step 2Spread remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs into a shallow dish. Roll patties in bread crumbs to coat.
- Step 3Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Step 4Cook patties in hot oil until deep brown in color on the bottom, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn patties and cook until other side is browned, 3 to 4 minutes more.