- 2 ¼ cups fresh squeezed orange juice (6-8 oranges)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (or more if needed, if oranges are not overly sweet)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon orange Jello*
- Add orange juice, lemon juice and sugar to a mixing bowl and stir well to combine. Taste and add a little more sugar if it’s not sweet enough. Whisk in cream and orange Jello.
- Freeze/churn according to ice cream maker instructions. *If using a modern electric ice cream maker (that doesn’t require ice/salt) freeze the bowl of the ice cream maker overnight and refrigerate the liquid mixture for several hours (or overnight), before churning. Both need to be completely chilled.
- Store in the freezer for 1-2 weeks, in an airtight container with a piece if plastic wrap against the surface to help keep it from crystalizing.