Pasta is the perfect weeknight meal. Your family will love the comforting flavors, and you’ll love that it’s surprisingly low in calories.
- 8 ounces uncooked cavatappi pasta
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 ounces diced pancetta
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
How to Make It:
Preheat oven to 400°.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; add asparagus to pan during last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain. Sprinkle pasta mixture with garlic; return to pan, and toss well.
Arrange pine nuts in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 400° for 3 minutes or until golden and fragrant, stirring occasionally. Place in a small bowl.
Increase oven temperature to 475°.
Arrange pancetta on jelly-roll pan. Bake at 475° for 6 minutes or until crisp.
Combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over pasta mixture; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with pine nuts, pancetta, and cheese.Source:myrecipes.com