For the Chocolate Graham Crust:
- 1 sleeve chocolate graham crackers*
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp melted butter
For the Peanut Butter Pie Filling:
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy or crunchy, up to you
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar (4 ounces by weight)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- chopped peanut butter cups for garnish (about 6 mini, or 2 regular)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse together the graham crackers and sugar, until ground.
- Add the melted butter, and pulse until evenly moistened, about 10 times.
- Press the mixture evenly into a 9″ pie plate, pushing the crust about halfway up the sides.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until it looks dry and has lots its sheen, then cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the filling, with a hand mixer, beat the mascarpone, peanut butter, confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla extract, until fluffy and light, about 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks, then gently fold it into the peanut butter mixture in 3 separate installments.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the cooled crust, cover with plastic wrap, and chill completely. It will take about 6 hours in the refrigerator, or you can expedite the process by freezing for 2 hours.
- To serve, whip the 1/2 cup cream and 1 tbsp sugar to soft peaks, and spread over the pie. Garnish with chopped peanut cups, and serve.
- Note: Make sure the pie is fully chilled before serving, or it will be difficult to slice. Enjoy!