This super-chocolaty smoothie is a tasty nondairy option. Dates offer up lots of richness and a caramel-like sweetness—naturally. As a bonus, they also boost fiber by about 2g. The smoothie recipe is designed to make just one serving, since weekday breakfasts are often solo meals; you can easily double the ingredients to serve 2
- 3 pitted dates
- 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk (such as Almond Breeze)
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 (5.3-oz.) container vanilla soy yogurt
- 1/2 banana, sliced and frozen
- Dash of instant coffee or espresso granules (optional)
How to Make It:
Place dates in a small bowl; cover with hot water. Let stand 3 minutes or until softened; drain.
2. Place milk and dates in a blender; blend 30 seconds or until pureed. Add ice and remaining ingredients; blend 30 seconds or until smooth.Step 2
Place milk and dates in a blender; blend 30 seconds or until pureed. Add ice and remaining ingredients; blend 30 seconds or until smooth.