- 4medium chicken thighs (bone in, skin on, 4 ounces each)
- 1cup dry quinoa
- 1jar (15 ounces) salsa verde
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Heat a large, oven-safe sauté pan over medium-high. Season chicken with pepper. (Since salsa verde has plenty of salt, we don’t recommend adding any.) Place chicken skin side down in pan and reduce heat to medium. Cook, without moving chicken, until much of the fat has rendered and skin is crispy, 4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside, reserving fat in pan.
- Over medium heat, add quinoa to pan and cook in rendered chicken fat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Add salsa verde and ½ cup water and bring to a rolling boil. Reduce to a simmer and place chicken skin side up on top of quinoa.
- Transfer to oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes, until quinoa is fluffy, liquid is absorbed, and chicken is cooked through.