- 4 Tbsp cold and unsalted butter
- 10 oz Good quality chocolate (72% cocoa solids)
- 1 1/2 Cups Firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 Whole Eggs , beaten lightly
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cups A.p flour
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 recipe for Salted caramel sauce
- 1 cup Salted Caramel Sauce (above recipe)
- 2 Tblsp granulated sugar
- 2 packs (1 lb) Cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 cups heavy cream , cold
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (I like 72 percent cacao)
- 1 cup heavy cream
FUDGE BROWNIE INSTRUCTIONS
- To make the Brownies: Preheat the oven to 350oF (180oC). Grease and line a 13×9 inch baking pan
- Combine the butter, chocolate and sugar in medium saucepan; stir over medium heat until smooth. Set aside and allow to cool down.
- Stir in the eggs, vanilla, flour and salt
- Pour Brownie mix into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes. Take care not to over bake or they can be dry, and not fudgy
- When baked, set aside to go cold until needed. (You can make the brownie 2 days in advance, and it also freeze really well)
SALTED CARAMEL MOUSSE INSTRUCTIONS:
- For the Salted Caramel Mousse: Transfer cream cheese into Kitchen mixer. Beat at medium-high speed until smooth and no lumps, about 4 minutes.
- Add in the reserved salted caramel sauce and sugar. Continue to beat on high until fluffy, another 3 minutes., the more air the better your mousse will be.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Divide the cream in half, half for the mousse and other half for cream layers.
- Fold ½ whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Place in fridge until needed. Taste a spoonful so you know what you have to look forward to.
- Place the other bowl of cream in the fridge until assembly of the trifle.
CHOCOLATE SAUCE INSTRUCTIONS:
- For the Chocolate Sauce: Heat the cream over low heat until almost to a simmer. Pour over the chopped chocolate and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
ASSEMBLING THE TRIFLE:
- Assembling the Trifle: In a large trifle dish (or a big glass bowl) crumble in your fudge brownie. Leave some bits chunky so you have nice chewy texture to match the soft mousse and cream.
- Next, spoon over the Salted Caramel sauce to moisten the brownie.
- Scoop in a large spoonful of the Salted Caramel Mousse and move it around to reach the edges
- Drizzle the rich Chocolate Sauce over the Salted Caramel Mousse layer
- Lastly spoon on the whipped cream layer all the way to the edges.
- Repeat the layers again from the start: Crumbled Brownie, Caramel Sauce, Caramel Mousse, Chocolate sauce, Whipped Cream.
- To finish I crumble some brownie crumbs and drizzle over the gorgeous sauces.
- Dig deep down to enjoy all your lovely layers together. Mix it up and try your own twist on layers using your favorite flavors.