This old, rustic Cajun dish is one of our family favorites. Don’t remove the shells from the shrimp—the beauty of this dish is peeling the shrimp and dipping it in the sauce. We’ve doubled and even tripled this barbecue shrimp to feed crowds and it’s always perfect! —Debbie Glasscock, Conway, Arkansas
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) pale ale beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 pounds uncooked shell-on shrimp (31-40 per pound), deveined
- French bread baguette, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 8-10 minutes. Stir in barbecue sauce and beer.
- Place shrimp in a 13×9-in. baking dish. Pour barbecue mixture over top. Bake, uncovered, until shrimp turn pink, 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway. Serve with baguette slices.