- 4 medium egg whites
- 1 cardamom pod, seeds removed and ground
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 tsp Tesco Finest raspberry coulis
- 80ml whipping cream
- 1 Jaffa Red orange, peeled and segmented
- 20g pomegranate seeds
- 10g pistachios
- mint leaves, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to gas ½, 130°C, fan 110°C. Using an electric whisk, whisk the egg whites to soft peaks. Add the cardamom and whisk to stiff peaks. Add the sugar 1 tbsp at a time, whisking well between each addition, until the meringue is thick, stiff and glossy.
- Put a tiny bit of the meringue mix onto the corners of 2 baking sheets, then cover each sheet with baking paper (this helps keep the paper steady). Dollop the mixture into 4 mounds (2 on each sheet) and spread out into 12cm rounds. Drizzle ¼ tsp coulis over each meringue and swirl it in gently using a cocktail stick to give a marbled effect. Bake for 1 hr or until firm and they lift away easily from the paper. Turn off the oven and leave the meringues inside for 1-2 hrs until completely cool. Save 2 meringues for another recipe in an airtight container, or freeze.
- Whisk the cream to soft peaks. To serve, place a meringue on a plate and spread two-thirds of the cream on top. Arrange the orange segments over the cream and place another meringue on top. Dollop over the remaining cream. Scatter over the pomegranate seeds and pistachios. Top with the mint (if using). Drizzle over the remaining 1 tsp coulis.