Shrimp in Cream Sauce is a unique recipe that you can follow to make shrimp at the comfort of your home. You will love the unique taste of shrimp that is covered with creamy garlic parmesan sauce. You can further compliment the dish with spinach and dried tomatoes. This dish would never fail to impress your tastebuds.
Ingredients to get
Lets first take a look at the ingredients that you should be taking for the preparation.
- One pound of shrimp
- Six cloves of garlic
- Two tablespoons of salted butter
- One tablespoon of fresh parsley
- Two teaspoons of dried Italian herbs
- One teaspoon of cornstarch
- 2/3 cups of fresh Parmesan cheese
- Three cups of baby spinach leaves
- Pepper and salt
- 1 ½ cups of half and half
- Five ounces of sun-dried tomato strips
- ½ cup of white wine – This is optional
- One small yellow onion
Directions to follow
Once you are ready with the ingredients, follow these steps for preparation.
- You should take a large skillet and heat that up in medium to high heat. You should also melt the butter in it. Then you can add garlic and dry that. You should then add shrimp and fry for two additional minutes. Make sure that they are cooked well until they give out the pink color. Once you get that, you can take another bowl and transfer.
- Now take the onions and fry them. You can use the same skillet. It is possible for you to add white wine based on your preferences. In the meantime, you should keep on scraping off the bits that are stick to the bottom of the pan. You should also add dried tomatoes and keep on frying for two additional minutes, so that you can get their flavors.
- Now you can reduce the heat. You can add half and half now and get that to a gentle simmer. Keep on stirring occasionally. Depending on your preferences, season with pepper and salt.
- You can also add spinach leaves into the mix and keep that to wilt in the sauce. Then you should be adding parmesan cheese. You should keep the sauce to simmer for one extra minute, so that cheese would melt through your sauce.
- Now you can add your shrimp back into the pan. This is where you can sprinkle parsley and herbs. Make sure that you stir that thoroughly as well.
Now you are done with preparing Shrimp in Cream Sauce. Make sure that you serve that on top of any food you like. It can be rice, pasta, or steamed vegetables.