- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 Red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Green Bell Pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup yellow onion cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4-6 dried red chilies seeded and cuthalf you can use more or less chilies to adjust the heat level to your preference
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce:
- Heat the oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until just softened. Add the red and green bell pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and opaque. Add the chilies and peanuts to the pan.
- While the shrimp and vegetables are cooking, make the sauce. Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the sauce to the shrimp mixture and bring to a boil; cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until sauce is just thickened. Serve immediately.