- 8 Bone-in, Skin-on Chicken Thighs (about 2 1/2 Lb.)
- 3 Tsp of Kosher Salt (divided)
- 1 Tsp of Black Pepper (freshly ground, divided)
- 3 Tsp of Smoked Paprika (divided)
- 1/2 Tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 Jar (16 ounces) of Sliced Hot Cherry Peppers (drained, reserving 1 Tbsp brine)
- 6 Ounces of Roasted Red Peppers (drained)
- 1 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Honey
- 1/2 Cup of Fresh Parsley (plus extra for garnish)
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. In a small bowl stir together 2 Tsp of kosher salt, 1/2 Tsp of black pepper, 2 Tsp of smoked paprika and garlic powder. Sprinkle spice mixture on both sides of chicken thighs.
- When the grill is hot, place chicken skin-side-down and cook for 25 minutes, or until chicken skin is golden brown and crisp and releases easily from the grill grates. If chicken sticks, let cook for another 5 minutes before flipping. Flip chicken and cook for 10 more minutes, or until internal temperature registers 170°F.
- While chicken grills, make relish in a food processor by combining cherry peppers with reserved brine, roasted red peppers, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, honey and fresh parsley. Pulse until ingredients are finely chopped. Season with remaining 1 Tsp of kosher salt and 1/2 Tsp of black pepper, adding more to taste.
- Serve chicken thighs with cherry pepper relish and garnish with fresh parsley.