SPINACH AVOCADO DIP
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves blanched in boiling water for 2 minutes, squeezed, drained – about 20 large leaves of fresh spinach
- 2 large ripe avocado about 2 cup of mashed avocado
- 1 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander chopped
- 3/4 cup dairy free coconut yogurt (made at of 100% coconut cream, pure fat) or cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoon Extra Virgin Avocado Oil or vegetable oil of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin avocado oil to drizzle on top
- Trim the fresh spinach leaves. Place them onto a large mixing bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover. Set aside for 2 minutes
- Drain the spinach, rinse with cold water and using your hands squeeze the cooked/blanched spinach leaves to remove all the extra water. Eventually, pat dry between two sheets of absorbent paper to remove all the extra water.
- In a food processor, with S blade attachment, add the spinach, mashed ripe avocado, crushed garlic, coriander, coconut yogurt, lime juice, avocado oil, salt and pepper.
- Process until smooth – about 2 minutes on high speed.
- Transfer into a bowl. Drizzle extra virgin avocado oil on top if you like.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight before serving to blend the flavor.
- This recipe serve 12 portions, nutrition panel is for 1 serve.
- Serve with my keto tortillas chips recipe