- ½ pound of green beans cut into ¼ inch pieces
- ½ pound of yellow wax beans cut into ¼ inch pieces
- ½ can of garbanzo bean, drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber, seeded and cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 2 ears of fresh corn
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 small red onion cut into ¼ inch dice
- 4 or 5 tomatoes, seeded and diced into ¼ inch pieces
- a handful each of fresh basil and fresh parsley, chopped
- FOR VINAIGRETTE YOU WILL NEED:
- olive oil
- white balsamic vinegar or champagne vinegar
- ½ minced garlic
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- You need to blanch the beans for 2 minutes in boiling water, remove with slotted spoon and then place into an ice bath, then drain well, even wiping them down with paper towel until moisture is removed.
- Place corn in boiling water after beans for 5 minutes and also place into ice bath to cool down, when cool, cut corn into planks.
- Place everything into a large bowl, veggies, beans, herbs and toss to mix.
- In a small bowl whisk together, 2 ounces of olive oil, 2 ounces of vinegar, a dollop of dijon mustard, ½ minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- This is just a general guideline, you can add more or less as needed to taste.
- Pour vinaigrette all over and toss!