- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 400g pkt pre-chopped vegetables
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 500ml (2 cups) chickenor vegetable stock
- 300g soy and linseed sourdough
- 25g (1/3 cup) shredded parmesan
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 100g (1/3 cup) bought fresh basil pesto
1:Preheat grill on high. Place a stockpot over high heat.
2:While pot heats up, crush the garlic.
3:Add oil and vegetables to the pot. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until vegetables start to soften. Add half the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
4:Add tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil.
5:While soup comes to the boil, tear bread from crusts and into large pieces. 6:Place on a baking tray. Discard crusts. Spray the bread with oil then toss with remaining garlic. Sprinkle with the parmesan.
7:Add lentils to the pot and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season.
While the soup simmers, grill the bread for 2 minutes or until cheese has melted.
8:Season the soup. Top with a dollop of pesto and cheesy croutons to serve.