Salads are healthy and nutritious. The best thing about salads is that you don’t have to go through a lot of struggles to prepare them at the comfort of your home. If you are looking to get such a salad recipe, you will be able to take a look at the Tomato, Peach, and Basil Salad. This is one of the easiest salads available for you to prepare at home. On the other hand, you will be using the water that comes from leaves. Hence, you will be using little oil with the salad.
Ingredients needed for Tomato, Peach, and Basil Salad
Here are all the ingredients that you need to have to proceed with the preparation of this super easy salad.
- Four ripe peaches. Make sure that the peaches your buy are ripe, but firm yellow in color. You will be able to cut them into wedges before you use.
- Two tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- Two cups of fresh basil leaves. You should make sure that you are also getting some smaller leaves, so that you will be able to garnish.
- Four tomatoes. It is a good idea to buy a mix of cored tomatoes and large heirloom tomatoes. Then you can cut them into wedges.
- Freshly grounded black pepper.
- Kosher salt.
When you have all these ingredients, you can proceed to the preparation stage. It will only take 10 minutes for you to prepare this salad at your home.
Direction to follow
- You should initially take a small saucepan and fill that with water. Heat the water until it reaches boiling temperature.
- When water is boiling, you will be able to go ahead and add basil into it. Then you will be able to cook until the basil leaves are wilted. They will turn bright green in color. This would usually happen in around 15 seconds.
- Then you can transfer the basil leaves into your blender. You can use a slotted spoon to get the job done. In the blender, you can puree the leaves until they become smooth.
- In the meantime, you will be able to add olive oil and around half teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Take a platter and spread the basil puree you have on it.
- Then you can arrange the tomatoes and peaches on top of it. Then you can take lemon juice and sprinkle some on the top. You should also be using around 1/8 teaspoon of pepper and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- You will be able to garnish the whole basil leaves you have at the time of serving.
As you can see, making Tomato, Peach, and Basil Salad is something that you can do with minimum troubles at home. It will be a healthy meal, which you can enjoy without having to worry about anything.