- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips , divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a bundt pan with butter and flour or baking spray.
- Add the flour sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a stand mixer on low speed until combined.
- In a second bowl combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla with a whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the stand mixer on low.
- Add the coffee to the mixture until just combined.
- Pour batter into the bundt pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely before adding ganache (or it will run right off the cake).
- To make the ganache add the 1/2 cup of heavy cream to 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments.
- Using a fork add the chocolate ganache in a zig-zag pattern.
- Garnish with remaining chocolate chips.