You can find numerous outstanding recipes based on tuna. Out of those recipes, Tuna Melt is one of the best recipes available for you to try. If you are looking to make a delicious sandwich for a meal, Tuna Melt will be a great option available out there to consider. When you prepare Tuna Melt with the right amount of cheddar cheese, you will fall in love with the amazing taste that it offers. Let’s take a look at the steps that you should be following for the preparation of Tuna Melt at home.
Here are the ingredients that you would need to purchase for the preparation of Tuna Melt.
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1/3 cups of mayonnaise
- Two dill pickles – make sure that these are finely chopped
- One rubs of celery – this should be finely chopped as well
- Two cans of tuna
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes – this is optional. You should get this only if you want to make your dishes taste amazing
- Two tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley
- ¼ cups of finely chopped red onion
- 8 slices of cheddar
- One sliced tomato
- Two tablespoons of butter
- 8 slices of bread
- Freshly grounded black pepper
- Kosher salt
Directions to follow:
When you are ready with the ingredients stated above, you can proceed with the following directions. Then you can understand how to prepare Tuna Melt at your home, without seeking the assistance of anyone.
- You should initially preheat your oven to a temperature of 400 degrees Celsius. Then you will need to take a large bowl, and then whisk together the ingredients. You should whisk together lemon juice, mayonnaise, and red pepper flakes. As mentioned earlier, you should only add red pepper flakes if you are keen to use it.
- You can next add tuna and mayonnaise into your mixture. You will be able to use a fork, so that you can easily break the pieces of tuna into flakes. Then you can add red onion, pickles, and celery. You should also add parsley and toss the mixture, so that they combine perfectly well. Then you can season the mixture with pepper and salt.
- You can now turn to the slices of bread you have. You will need to butter one side of bread slices. Then you should add the tuna salad into the unbuttered side of your bread. You should add around half a cup of this salad into a slice of bread. It should be followed with two slices of cheese and 3 slices of tomato as well. You should then top it with another slice of bread. Make sure that you do it while keeping the buttered side up. You can repeat this for a couple of times.
- As the last step, you can bake your sandwich for around 6 minutes.
By following these steps, you can easily prepare Tuna Melt at home.