- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal (about 160 grams)
- 1 stick/4 ounces unsalted butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 6 ounces white chocolate (melting wafers)
- Food coloring
Steps to Make It:
- Gather the ingredients. Line an 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Add the cereal to a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
- When the butter has entirely melted and the foam subsides, remove from heat. Add the marshmallows. Stir the mixture until melted. If you need a little extra heat, go ahead and put the pot back on over a low flame until the marshmallows have fully melted.
- Add the marshmallow to the cereal and sprinkle the sea salt on top. Fold the melted marshmallow and cereal together to incorporate, then press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Melt the white chocolate pieces according to the instructions on the bag.
- Divide the melted chocolate into small bowls (one bowl for each color in your palate) and add food coloring as desired. Be sure to use very very small amounts of food coloring. You can always add more for a darker color.
- Frost the Rice Krispie treats with the tinted white chocolate. Add globs of each color and carefully swirl. Avoid over-mixing to keep the colors distinct. Drizzle more of various colors on top if desired. Decorate with sprinkles and/or colored chocolate.
- Let cool until firm. Remove the treats from the pan and cut into squares of your preferred size. Serve immediately.