- 2 cups dry small shell pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 medium carrot, cut in large chunks (about 3/4 cup)
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened cashew or almond milk
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons Earth Balance® Original Buttery Spread
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or more to taste)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup crumbled Frontera® Authentic Taqueria Tortilla Chips
- Step one :Preheat oven to 400°F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Step two :Place cashews and carrot in medium saucepan; add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until carrot is tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and transfer to a blender container. Add cashew or almond milk, nutritional yeast and cornstarch. Blend until smooth.
- Step three: Melt Earth Balance in a 10-inch oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, cumin and paprika and cook 30 seconds. Pour in cashew puree, undrained tomatoes, hot sauce and salt. Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- Step four: Stir cooked pasta into sauce. Bake 15 minutes. Sprinkle with tortilla chips and serve.