This dish is great as a quick wholesome and warming meal on a winter evening. The vegetable combinations given in this recipe are just a guide as you can substitute them with any combination you prefer.
Fennel ½ bulb
Celery 2 sticks
Sage 2 tbsp
Thyme 1 tbsp
Rosemary 1 tbsp
Vegetable stock 750ml
Bay leaf 2
Seasoning to taste
- Attach the thick slicing disc to the food processor.
- Slice the onions, fennel, celery, leek and carrot and removefrom the bowl.
- Slice the potato and swede in the food processor.
- Heat the oil in the saucepan.
- Add the onion, fennel, celery, leek, carrot and seasoning tothe saucepan and cook until soft.
- Add the swede, potatoes, herbs and stock to the saucepan.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and gently cook until thevegetables have softened.
- Take the pan off the heat and allow to cool to roomtemperature.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- In stages place the soup into the liquidiser and purée.(Remember not to over fill the liquidiser).
- Reheat and serve with a swirl of double cream.