If you want to prepare a savory and rich tart, you can take a look at the Walnut, mushroom, and prosciutto tart recipe. It is one of the best foods that you can prepare for the upcoming holiday. It would take some time for you to prepare tart, but you will love the steps associated with it and the delicious taste that you can secure at the end of the day. Hence, it is worthy to take a look at this recipe and go ahead with preparing it.
Let’s first take a look at all ingredients you need for the preparation of Walnut, mushroom, and prosciutto tart
- 100g of unsalted butter
- 1500g of plain flour
- 75g of walnuts – make sure that you chop around 25g
- 250g of chestnut mushrooms
- One teaspoons of olive oil
- Three medium sized eggs
- 150ml of single cream
- 5g of fresh thyme
- 50g of Parmesan
- 150ml of semi-skimmed milk
- Four prosciutto slices
- Two garlic cloves
Steps to follow:
If you are ready with the ingredients, follow these steps and you can prepare Walnut, mushroom, and prosciutto tart.
- You should first combine plain flour and 50g of walnuts in a food processor. Make sure that you combine them until they are finely ground. Then you can add butter into the mix. You can now pulse for few times until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Then you can add a small amount of water and egg yolk and continue to pulse.
- Next, you can tip that on a floured surface, so that you can prepare the soft dough. You can flatten them to make a disc and then transfer to the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, you should preheat your oven to a temperature of 200 Celsius. You should heat up your oil in a frying pan. Then you can cook the mushrooms for around 10 minutes. You can then add thyme and garlic and continue to cook for one more minute. You can season it and set aside.
- Now you can roll out the pastry on the floured surface and cut them into relatively large circles. You will be able to use the tart case. You can then scrunch up the pieces and fill the tin along with baking beans. You can bake this for around 15 minutes. Then you will be able to remove paper and beans and continue for five more minutes. This can provide golden color pastry.
- You can beat three more eggs, Parmesan, milk, and cream. You can also arrange mushrooms within the tart case and pour that over the egg mixture. You can top this with prosciutto slices and the remaining walnuts you have. You should bake them for a period of 50 minutes.
You can now take it out of the oven and allow them to cool for a period of 30 minutes before you serve.