- mckenzie’s baking aids gelatine, 100g
- woolworths select cooking chocolate white, 200g
- csr caster sugar , 500g
- jacobs creek sparkling moscato rose, 750ml
- strawberry fresh , 250g punnet
- raspberry fresh , 125g punnet
1. To make berry coulis, blend raspberries and strawberries to form a puree. Pass through a fine sieve to remove seeds. Place 100ml of the puree into a saucepan. Stir in sugar and sprinkle over gelatine.
2. Stir over a low heat until mixture is warm and sugar and gelatine are melted and smooth. Do not boil.
3. Divide mixture among six holes of a 4cm-wide half-sphere silicone mould (15ml capacity). Freeze. Once frozen, unmould and return to freezer.
4. To make chocolate shards, thinly spread chocolate thinly onto an acetate sheet or silicone mat. Sprinkle with strawberry pieces. Set aside to set. Break into shards.
5. To make jelly, line a 30cm x 20cm cake pan with cling film.
6. Place wine, strawberries and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes to infuse. Strain into a bowl and discard strawberries.
7. Sprinkle infused wine with gelatine. Stir until melted and smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate until set.
8. Once set, invert jelly onto a cutting board and peel away cling film. Then cut into a rectangle with a jaggered edge on one side of the rectangle.
9. To make whipped ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl.
10. Heat cream and vanilla paste in a small saucepan until hot and pour over chocolate. Stir until smooth and combined. Refrigerate, covered, until cold. Beat with an electric mixer until firm peaks form.
11. To make mousse, place chocolate in a small bowl. Whisk cream until soft peaks form.
12. Stir milk, rosewater and vanilla paste in a small saucepan over low heat until hot. Pour over chocolate. Stir until smooth and combined. Remove from heat and sprinkle over gelatine. Stir until melted and combined. Cool to room temperature and fold through the whipped cream.
13. Divide mixture among six holes of a 7cm-wide silicone half-sphere mould (80ml-capacity). Insert frozen berry coulis half sphere. Freeze.
14. To make streusel, preheat oven to 180c. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
15. Place all ingredients, except icing sugar, in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on a low speed until crumbly. Spread onto prepared tray in a thin layer.
16. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, tossing half way through, until golden and crisp. Cool completely. Dust with sifted icing sugar.
17. To make brownie, preheat oven to 180c. Grease a 20cm square cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
18. Place butter, chocolate and vanilla paste in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
19. Whisk eggs and sugar until pale and creamy. Stir into butter, chocolate and vanilla mixture. Fold in combined sifted flours and salt. Spoon mixture into prepared pan and level surface.
20. Bake for about 25 minutes or until cooked, covering edges with foil if they brown too quickly.
21. Cool in pan. Once cold, use a small round cutter (3-4cm) to cut into rounds. Dust with sifted icing sugar.
22. To make glaze, place the cold water in a heatproof jug. Sprinkle over gelatine and set aside for 5 minutes. Stir mixture until combined.
23. Place sugar, glucose and the extra water in a medium saucepan and stir over medium heat. Using a candy thermometer, bring mixture to 100c and pour it over gelatine mixture in jug. Add remaining ingredients. Stir until chocolate is melted. Blend with a stick blender until smooth. Use at 28c.
24. Release mousse domes from moulds and place on a wire rack over a tray. Pour over glaze to coat evenly. Using a palette knife, transfer to a plate and refrigerate until set.
25. To assemble, arrange mousse and brownie rounds on serving plates. Piped dots of whipped ganache in between and arrange a slice of the jelly. Decorate with chocolate shards, streusel pieces and micro herbs. Sprinkle over a little crushed freeze-dried strawberry.