- 1/2 Cup Chopped Sweet Onion
- 1 Cup Beet Puree (about 3 cooked small beets, processed)*
- 1 Cup White Arborio Rice
- 3 Cups Progresso Vegetable Cooking Stock
- 1 TB Fresh Chopped Mint
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Allspice
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- Heat a seasoned cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the chopped onion, allow to sweat for 3 minutes, then add the processed beets and stir.
- Now add the uncooked rice to the skillet and allow the rice to absorb the beet juices for about 3 more minutes, then add the mint, garlic, cinnamon, allspice, and pepper. Stir.
- Now add 1/2 cup of the cooking stock to the skillet. Keep the heat to a medium low setting. Stir in the stock then just allow the rice to absorb the liquid. Once most of the stock has been absorbed and the rice is bubbling in the middle, add another 1/2 cup of stock. Continue this process for the full 3 cups of stock, adding half a cup at a time and stirring it in.
- The rice will be soft and creamy when complete. Top with additional chopped mint if desired and serve.