- 4 cups pineapple peeled and sliced in strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne optional
- 1 banana frozen, cut in chunks
- 14 ounces full-fat coconut milk Thai style
- 4 inches ginger root peeled, sliced
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups spinach optional
- chia seeds
- toasted coconut flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees and spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together pineapple strips with oil and cayenne. Spread pineapple out in a single layer on baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes, turning once halfway through, or until golden brown and caramelized. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Place caramelized pineapple, frozen banana, coconut milk, ginger, flax seed meal, nutmeg and spinach (if using) in a high speed blender and puree until smooth. You can add ice to make a thicker smoothie if you wish.
- Divide mixture between four glasses and garnish with chia seeds and toasted coconut flakes if you wish.